Across the vast landscape of China, there is so much more than “Gong Hei Fat Choy” when it comes to celebrating Chinese New Year. We’ve prepared you a box of diverse culture for the celebration of the Lunar New Year together, the same way as we do back home!
In this 60-min journey, we will take a deep dive into the indigenous culture in Guizhou and explore how the lunar new year is celebrated through their songs, dances and rituals. This highly engaging and active experience involves:
- Introducing the indigenous culture of lunar year celebration.
- Exploring the Chinese lunar calendar and its practicality in modern life.
- Learning the meanings of Rabbit 兔 from ancient writing.
- Practising the calligraphy of auspicious words for your new year calendar.
- Tasting teas that represent the indigenous culture of Guizhou, China.
- Setting good intentions for the new year and for the harmony of your community & beyond.
This is a female-led event by the founder and CEO of GPT, Rui. A Guizhou native who follows the ancient wisdom of the Buyi, Gelao, Miao and Yi people, as well as the traditional teachings from the masters at the Master's Tea House.
What’s included in the New Year Gift Box:
- 3 x 4g of teas for the New Year celebration.
- 1 Calligraphy brush, 1 ink set, 1 scroll of Xuan paper with a traditional calendar,
- 4 red square Xuan paper to write auspicious words for house/office decoration.
Length: 60 mins. Minimum of 8 people. (Or £360 for under 8)
Book Now You will be directed to our booking calendar, once we have your info a member of the team will be in touch with payment and other details. Shipping worldwide, 10-20 days turnaround depending on shipment location(s).
*This workshop can be tailored for one-on-one or for a group, please get in touch we will work to your refinement.
"Rui is a true blue gem, her knowledge, passion and integrity is found steeped in every part of Grass Tree People, I could not recommend her and her products enough."
Tanya Anastasiadis, Guardian News & Media